Do you have dental fear? Are you anxious about visiting the dentist?
At Leatherwood Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide dental sedation to help patients feel confident about visiting the dentist. Sedation dentistry is a general dental treatment that is also used for complex or surgical procedures. Anyone can receive dental sedation; it is also helpful when multiple procedures are needed for a single visit. Dr. Samantha Leatherwood and her friendly dental team help accommodate the needs of patients whether they need a complex procedure, anxiety-relief, or both.
Dental anxiety is a common concern that many patients deal with. Our team understands that patients may have had a previous bad experience at another dental office that is holding them back from reaching out for care. Rest assured that our office is committed to providing you with compassionate dentistry. Many people avoid visiting their dentist for fear of judgement over how long it has been since their last appointment.
Our office is a judgement-free zone. We are happy to help patients restore their dental health no matter how long it has been since they’ve seen a dentist. In addition to our available sedation dentistry solutions, don’t hesitate to ask our dentists and team members any questions you have about your necessary procedures. Often, patients find that when they are more informed about their dental procedures, they feel more relaxed while sitting in the chair.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry in Denton, TX
Dental sedation helps relieve patient’s anxiety and dental fear. Sedation dentistry can:
- Offer pain-free dental care
- Alleviate stress
- Allow dentists to work efficiently
- Reduce the gag reflex
Most patients will not remember their dental treatment under sedation. Dental sedation allows patients to feel relaxed or drowsy without any pain.
Types of Dental Sedation
There are multiple types of sedation dentistry that we offer to our patients. The type of sedation you receive often depends on the type of dental treatment you require:
- Nitrous Oxide: Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is a gas administered through a nasal mask. This type of sedation takes effect immediately. When patients are administered nitrous oxide they feel comfortable and may still be partially conscious.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: Administered in pill form and taken an hour prior to treatment, oral conscious sedation allows patients to remain conscious but relaxed during treatment. Patients will also have little to no memory of their treatment under oral conscious sedation.
- IV Sedation: We work with local anesthesiologists to provide IV sedation to our patients. This sedation method is administered directly into the bloodstream through an IV, taking effect slowly and requiring some time to wear off. IV sedation provides deep relaxation and can cause drowsiness, so patients will need to be driven to and from their appointment.
Call Our Dental Office Today
Do you or a loved one have dental anxiety? Ask us about dental sedation. We will help find the right treatment for your needs. Request an appointment at our Denton practice online or call us at 940.398.0181.