Dr. Samantha Leatherwood provides a concierge experience for her patients at Leatherwood Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. This means that she focuses her energy on the needs of each patient for personalized dental treatment that lasts a lifetime.
Dr. Leatherwood’s dental care team is also trained in treating a wide array of dental problems including missing teeth, tooth decay, and gum disease. We have a periodontist on staff to provide extensive treatment to remove infection and prevent tooth loss caused by periodontitis. We are committed to helping every patient understand their unique risk factors for disease, care for their smile, and enjoy the benefits of good oral health and wellness.
Biology, Function, Aesthetics
The connection between the mouth and the body is essential; a patient’s overall health can be compromised when their oral health is poor. Tooth and gum infections may make it difficult to eat and speak properly. Furthermore, the bacteria that cause gum disease can enter the bloodstream and affect the health of the heart. Oral and overall health are linked; our dental services support that link by improving the health of the teeth and gums. Regular dental visits and preventative procedures, as well as cosmetic treatments, maintain the look and function of the smile.
Cosmetic dental treatments improve the shape, brightness, and overall aesthetics of the teeth:
- Invisalign: Our clear Invisalign aligners can gradually straighten crooked teeth. Invisalign is a more comfortable alternative to metal braces that is removable and does not come with dietary restrictions.
- Dental Veneers: Porcelain veneers can cover the front of stained or damaged teeth. Dental veneers are a long-lasting cosmetic treatment. We follow the shape, size, and color specifications for your veneers and ensure that they look and feel natural.
- Dental Bonding: Tooth bonding is best for chips and cracks in the teeth. This treatment uses a biocompatible material that is color-matched and cured to blend in with natural teeth. Dental bonding does not last as long as veneers but is a more economical option.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Our office uses a teeth whitening method that brightens teeth effectively in just one visit.
General Dental Care
General dentistry treatments help maintain teeth and gums and prevent complex dental problems before they occur:
- Sports Mouthguards: Custom sports mouthguards protect the teeth and gums from injury or loss during contact sports.
- Emergency Dentistry: Our team can treat dental emergencies including toothaches, lost teeth, excessive bleeding, or broken restorations. Contact our office if you have just injured your teeth or have a broken tooth or crown.
- Family Dentistry: Dr. Leatherwood is a family dentist that treats patients of all ages. She provides pediatric dental care as well as restorative and cosmetic treatments for older patients.
- Laser Dentistry: Dental lasers treat mouth sores and gum disease. Compared to surgical procedures, dental lasers offer faster and more comfortable treatment.
- Dental Sedation: Methods of dental sedation including nitrous oxide, IV sedation, and oral conscious sedation relax patients for pain-free dental procedures. Sedation dentistry helps patients with dental fear or anxiety get the dental care they need.
Restorative Dental Treatments
Restorative dental care replaces missing teeth and restores the health and function of the smile:
- Dental Bridge: Traditional dental bridges are supported by crown-covered teeth adjacent to missing teeth. However, implant-secured dental bridges are a more effective option that is longer-lasting.
- Dental Crown: Dental crowns cover discolored and damaged teeth and can cap off dental implants. Our porcelain ceramic crowns look and feel like natural teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are high-quality and long-lasting tooth restorations. They can be used to replace single missing teeth or secure full or partial dentures and dental bridges.
- Full and Partial Dentures: Patients who are missing rows of teeth or even full arches of teeth benefit from dentures. Just like dental bridges, dentures may also be supported with dental implants.
- Periodontal Therapy: Gum disease begins as gum inflammation and irritation but can lead to gum recession and tooth loss. We provide laser treatment, antibacterial rinses, and scaling and root planing to remove gum infection.
- TMJ Disorders: Temporomandibular joint disorders cause jaw and tooth pain, headaches, and bruxism.
Call Our Denton Dental Office
Schedule a dental appointment with Dr. Leatherwood and her team online. Contact Leatherwood Family and Cosmetic Dentistry at 940.398.0181.